?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Application - The Hot Geeks

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Accepted Members List

August 24th, 2009


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
audreygirl09
08:40 pm - Application



 

Sorry, this is the only full length picture I have of me on my computer..im usually the one behind the camera :)

So i'm not really sure what lj cutting is or what have you so I apologize in advance for this being in original post form.


But here it goes,

I'll start with the basics, since you cant have the pie without the crust.
I am about to be a freshman in college, I live in minnesota. I love cats, reading, writing and my overactive imagination, I plan on being an elementary school teacher someday but would first like to travel to another country to teach english ( I will be getting my TEFL degree through my college)
my geekiness,
like I mentioned I love to write, especially fantasy and science fiction. The book that started by love for sci fi is the blue sword by Robin Mckinley, and from there I graduated to Tamora Pierce. Ever since that first fateful book I have barely read in any other genre (Except the classics of course, I would never give up my Tolstoy) I have a large imagination that science fiction has fueled over the years, but books arent the only thing im passionate about.
After finding my love of science fiction and fantasy books I began to slowly expand my thus far limited horizons, just a couple of months after I picked up The blue sword I was introuced to Tokyo Mew Mew by Reiko Yoshida, and I loved it. Admiteddly Mew Mew doesnt have the deepest plot ever, but I was 12 and the fact that the heroine had pink hair and cat ears sealed my love for Manga. Suprisingly I didnt make the jump from Manga to Anime till much later, only a few years ago in fact but I sincerely am addicted to that as well, and all I can say is thank god for Animecrazy.com, because I would spend my life savings buying all of the anime I wanted to watch (I jump from show to show regularily) 
At my high school, nobody knew about this, I suppose its because nobody thought to guesse because its not like im hiding anything but in all honesty most people classified me as the blond with the good grades who won VP because she's pretentious. I was also thought of as a science nerd, which is saying somthing when your high school is the Academy for Sciences and Agriculture. But I love science, especially chemistry, I dont really know why but I love the feeling I get when I understand how somthing works be it chemical reaction or balancing equations. I currently am working on a science fair project with my partner (And best friend) for the national science fair in indianapolis.
What else? I am super, super bad about talking about myself, I had to have someone help me with my NHS application because I couldnt write a whole paper about how great I am. :) hmmm, what else will you want to knowa bout me? Im supposed to be establishing my geekiness but I dot really know what to say, I am terrible at computerworks, honestly I am, which is ironic since my dad builds them and my mom was the tech personf or a hospital (Both of them have computer related degrees from college) but somehow or some way my brother got all of the tech savvy genes and I was left with swearing at my computer when it breaks. I do understand enough to get by but for the most part my mom or dad figures tech things out.
I am all right in the vdeo game department, I mostly play computer games, I love the sims..I just bought the sims 3 and have already put in a good 20 hrs. of playing. I own a ds but dont play it much and my dad doesnt relinquish the x box, so the conventional video gaming is kinda a mute point in my life.
I dont suppose any of this made sense, but theres not much I can say for myself except that my hero in life is Tamora Pierce and I find the element table sexy. :)
 


(13 comments | Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:hooper_x
Date:August 25th, 2009 11:46 am (UTC)
(Link)
okay so like i'm totally random and i love sci fi and anime and i play the sims but all my friends say i'm a geek and okay i should totally be in here and i don't even know what a moot point is and

NO.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:hooper_x
Date:August 25th, 2009 12:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
kids these days. it's like they aren't even fucking trying anymore.

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE THERE WERE *REAL* HOT GEEKS ON LIVEJOURNAL WHY I OUGHTA GET OFF MY LAWN YOU GODDAMNED KIDS
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:hooper_x
Date:August 25th, 2009 07:37 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, it's not my fist I'm shaking.
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:hooper_x
Date:August 25th, 2009 12:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm always right. It's a sign of your increasing maturity that you finally realize it. XD.
[User Picture]
From:sinenomen
Date:August 25th, 2009 03:19 pm (UTC)

fail

(Link)
hooper is an asshole

No.
[User Picture]
From:hooper_x
Date:August 25th, 2009 07:37 pm (UTC)

Re: fail

(Link)
You say it like it's a bad thing.
[User Picture]
From:magicmarmot
Date:August 25th, 2009 05:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
First, we really need more pictures. One pic isn't even close to enough.

Second, the stream-of-consciousness writing isn't really a positive.

Third... what we're looking for is passion.

You may be smart and geeky and cute, but we need to see it here.
[User Picture]
From:lady_floratia
Date:September 3rd, 2009 08:30 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Passion... YES!
I don't see it here, nope nope nope!
From:kativy
Date:August 25th, 2009 05:44 pm (UTC)

no

(Link)
I think it's great that you did something that expanded your horizons by applying here, but your application is lackluster.
From:lio
Date:August 25th, 2009 05:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Maybe in a few years, with more geexperience, better grammar, and a well-prepared application I'll vote yes. Until then...

No.
[User Picture]
From:bellebass
Date:August 25th, 2009 06:31 pm (UTC)

no

(Link)
A bit of effort might have helped.
[User Picture]
From:laeryken
Date:August 25th, 2009 09:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I love you guys!

p.s. No, sorry.
[User Picture]
From:lady_floratia
Date:September 3rd, 2009 01:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
No.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com